Functional Medicine assumes that the mind and brain are strongly influenced by the function of the body. This mandates a clear understanding of the ‘why’ before an approach can be developed. Functional Medicine begins with a thorough data-gathering process involving a review of the patient’s medical history, medications, questionnaire responses, a partial physical exam, and psychological assessment. Based on an analysis of that data, a determination is made of which targeted laboratory tests are appropriate to solve the medical mystery. These may include:
- Gastrointestinal function
- Immune function including infection and inflammation
- Detoxification and bio-toxin burden
- Oxidative stress and mitochondrial function
- Nutritional status and special nutritional needs
- Hormonal function
- Genetic and epigenetic function
Want to find out more?
Achieving good health results from a partnership of a thoughtful skilled medical practitioner and a motivated patient with a vision of wellness. Contact us for information on how we can help you.